Are you going to be traveling this holiday season? If so, then there are a few tips you will want to keep in mind. Below are five holiday travel tips that can help you out.
1. Use The Right Apps- There are many travel apps out there, and you want to take advantage of them. Use apps that provide you with flight statuses in real-time, as well as one that gives you an estimate of how long you’ll have to wait in the security line. If you are going to be driving, then use a travel app to locate the cheapest places to get gas. Some of the best apps to use include Flight Status, GateGuru, and GasBuddy.
2. Pack Light- It’s tempting to pack as much as you can, but the holidays are busy. This means you don’t want to spend a lot of time waiting around for your luggage to appear on the conveyor belt. Pack the essentials first and then pack only the clothes you are confident you’ll wear.
3. Choose To Travel On Off-Peak Days- If you travel the day before Thanksgiving or the day before Christmas or any other holiday, then expect to hit a lot of traffic on the way to the airport and be prepared for crowds everywhere. Avoid flying on the actual holiday too because if you travel on the actual holiday, then you’ll likely be stuck in very long lines. If possible, go a few days before the holiday or even up to a week or two before the holidays.
4. Eat- A lot of people end up putting off eating, and then they feel horrible while on the plane, or they feel easily aggravated. You want to eat something light before you fly and then you want to eat something once you’re halfway into your flight or train journey. If you don’t feel like eating a light meal before you head out, then pack some light, healthy snacks that can tie you over until you can eat a proper meal.
5. Research- Before you book a flight, train or drive anywhere, make sure you research ticket prices or the quickest route if you’re driving. If you are going to be driving, then it’s a good idea to use a digital map, such as Google Maps, to show you the quickest route, but you want to avoid highways because the roads tend to be busy with other travelers. The more research you do, the better prepared you will be and the less stressful your trip will be.
The above tips can come in handy when you are traveling for the holidays. If you do the research, eat something before heading out on your journey, use the right apps, pack light and choose the right time to travel, then you will find it much easier and less stressful. All you have to do now is book your trip, but make sure you keep the above five tips in mind.